Thursday, April 25, 2013

New found library friend*

"Do not judge by appearances; a rich heart may be under a poor coat."

Recently, I bump into this old man almost every single day, he will greet me with a smile and say"How are you?" and my reply will be "I'm fine :D" As the saying goes; Never judge a book by its cover. I'm quite ashamed of myself actually. I have seen this old man quite a few times at the library. My impression of him is dirty old man, he always wear a yellowish white shirt with his tattered and torn pants, he carries a few big plastic bags with him most of the time. Now that I'm a regular at the library so he recognises me, and thus make friendly gesture- smiling or waving to me whenever I reach/leave the library. I must say, reporting to the same place almost everyday makes me realise that there are a lot of weird people out there. Back to the old man- overheard the librarian addressing him as Mr Pang. Initially, I thought maybe he's mentally unsound because of the way he look at me each time i walk pass him (my bad)

A few days ago, was on my way to the library- just like any other day, I bumped into him on my way and he said "How are you?" I was shocked and didn't know how to react- I told him "I'm fine :D Thankyou" he brightens up my afternoon. I felt so ashamed of myself at that moment. I shouldn't judge and infact he was being friendly all these while by giving me the awkward stare which I thought he was mad...

He may be poor, may be old, may be homeless, but he is definitely someone rich in his heart, a very friendly old man. No man can tell whether he is rich or poor by turning into his ledger. It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is according to what he is, and not according to what he has. Don't judge, because everybody have their own story. Need to keep this in mind, to be a better person :D

So yes my sister laughed at me saying that this old man is my new library friend. Lol -.-

Yet to meet new library friend and my school term coming to an end soon. So that's why I think is quite amazing that I met Benson yo!

No comments: